Best Holster for Sig Saucer P229 with pros & cons
Don’t know which holster is perfect for your beloved Sig P229? There are many holsters on the market today that claim to be the finest holster for Sig P229. This means you’ll spend a long time analyzing each one until you find the best holster for your gun. Given that your Sig P229 is an all-metal semiautomatic weapon, you’ll want to pair it with a holster that’s high-quality, long-lasting, and comfortable. Holsters are designed to keep your weapon safe and away from harm. They are also essential to keep the user safe. This is important, especially because mishaps from firearms can be fatal.
All the paddle holsters mentioned in this article can be found on Amazon. They are currently on sale or will be available sooner or later. They are also priced reasonably and are well made. Some also make these holsters of the most reputed companies and manufacturers in the United States of America. They provide some of the best quality tactical gear and clothing related to weapons and firearms. The purpose of this essay is to show you how to find the best holster for your pistol in the simplest way possible. Plus, we’ll go over SIX of the most popular Sig P229 holsters. You may be considering which holster is best for your new Sig P229. There are so many holsters on the market now that sorting through them all would take days. The holster is tailored to specific firearms, although it will fit other pistols of comparable size. It’s crafted of high-quality leather and comes with a lifetime warranty from Relentless Tactical.
Look no further because we’ll break everything down for you and assist you in selecting the best holster for your needs.
Let’s jump right into the information.
TYPES OF HOLSTER FOR YOUR SIG P229
Before you can even consider purchasing a Sig Sauer p229 holster, you must first comprehend the many types of holsters currently available.
- The IWB (inside the waistband) holster has a belt clip that allows you to securely holster your concealed carry weapon within your pants.
- OWB (outside the waistband) holster: used beneath a coat or garment for open or hidden carry.
- Shoulder holster: hides your handgun behind your arm.
- Pocket holster: the holster keeps your gun safe and secure in your pocket. It’s made to protect your gun’s trigger and trigger guard. It also hides the outline of your pistol to prevent printing.
- Ankle holster: this holster is designed to wrap around the ankle and conceal your firearm beneath a pair of pants legs.
- Bra holster: as the name depicts, this holster is specially designed to enable women to carry a concealed carry weapon.
- Pancake holster: it’s manufactured for wearing slightly off-hip and to the rear section of your back. It is planned to pull the weapon tight against your body for even better concealment.
As you can see, each holster has its method of carrying. They all, however, perform the same function of concealing your weapon (in this case, the Sig P22).
Even though IWB and OWB holsters are the most popular, I’ll leave the decision of which holster style is best for you you.
- BLACKHAWK Serpa Sportster Holster
The BLACKHAWK is the first of our top sig p229 holster models. Serpa Sportster Holster is a holster made by Serpa. This is a polymer OWB (outside the waistband) holster with a modeled OWB (outside the waistband) holster. Our holster is on this list because of how well it fits the P229 pistol, whether you utilize the rail or not.
It uses passive retention, which you can tune to get the same draw you want. It’s also worth noting that the gun features a full firing grip, which allows for quick drawing and immediate re-holstering.
This holster does not have an ambidextrous design. However, the maker makes up for this by offering it in both right- and left-handed models. It lacks retention features, yet when correctly holstering your pistol, you will hear an audible click.
- The holster is an OWB polymer holster.
- It has a full firing grip for smooth draw and retention.
- The holster is equipped with that engages your gun trigger guard.
- The holster is adjustable for the perfect draw.
Safariland 6378 ALS Concealment Paddle Holster
- Safarilands ALS concealment paddle and belt loop combo holster is a concealment version of the Au
- Once the weapon is holstered, it "locks" into place, providing an extra measure of security from
- A simple straight up draw is possible once the ALS is de-activated by the thumb while obtaining
- IDPA approved
- The Model 6378 holster features an all new injection molded paddle design that is highly conceal
This holster is suitable for both the Sig P228 and P229 pistols. Safariland is known for producing high-quality holsters that allow you to carry your pistol in the most comfortable way possible for those who don’t know.
The Safariland 6378 is the ALS (automatic locking system) holster series’ concealing version. This magical function operates so that if you holster the weapon, it reverts to its original state.
It locks into place, providing an added layer of security not found in regular holsters. Deactivating the ALS feature (with a thumb) allows for a simple, straight-up draw, allowing you to get a perfect shooting grip.
Another essential characteristic of this holster is its design. It boasts a brand-new injection-molded paddle that may be hidden when not in use. It has a bit of forwarding gun cant and rides close to your body.
The typical 567BL belt loop (fits 1.5″ to 1.75″ belt widths), suede lining for protecting your pistol sights and finish, and Safari-Laminate (with a wraparound design) for optimal durability are some notable features of this holster.
- The holster has an automatic locking system (ALS) which is added safety.
- It is a safari-Laminate thermal-molded construction with w/suede lining.
- The holster is ergonomically designed.
- The holster also has a fully adjustable belt slide.
Badger Concealment Sig Seur Kydex Holster
- Adjustable Retention
- 1.5" IWB Belt Clip
- Weighs in at 3 oz
- Great For Concealed Carry
- Lightest Most Comfortable Holster On The Market
We also offer a bespoke Kydex IWB (inside the waistband) holster that can be used to carry and conceal not only the Sig P229 but a variety of other Sig Sauer guns. This is one of the lightest holsters on the market today, at only 3 ounces. The holster’s feather-light design is due to the manufacturer’s minimalist design, eliminating all of the unnecessary bulkiness found in most holsters.
The Kydex holster is made to suit belts up to 1.5 inches wide. Adjustable retention screws are included to give a more comfortable fit when wearing this IWB holster. You’ll also appreciate the belt clip’s quick on/off design, which eliminates the need to undress whenever you want to remove this holster. The entire sweat shield included in the holster protects your firearm from moisture. Furthermore, it facilitates the re-holstering procedure.
Overall, the sig p229 IWB holster will precisely fit your firearm and allow for an easy draw and holstering. Badger Concealment, a veteran-owned, used-based firm, didn’t disappoint. We’d say that this is one of the best paddle holsters for Sig Seur pistols.
- This is a unique IWB Kydex holster for Sig Seur pistols.
- It has adjustable retention screws.
- The 1.5-inch belt clip on the holster ensures easy on/off.
- The holster has a full sweat guard
- This is also one of the lightest holsters on sale in the market (at only 3oz.)
1791 GunLeather OWB Right-hand holster
- COMFORT & QUALITY: Upgrade your carry to the 1911 leather gun holster. Made with 100% American Steerhide Leather that is reinforced and double stitched providing a comfortable, durable, lightweight & safe leather gun holster you can carry all day
- CONCEALMENT & CONVENIENCE: 1791's 1911 holster is designed for concealment and convenience. Our easy to conceal OWB leather belt holster has a quick draw design making it the perfect belt holster for your everyday carry.
- PROTECTION & CRAFTSMANSHIP: 1791 Gunleather's 1911 Belt Holster is hand crafted to protect both you and your firearm at all times. The hand molded exterior provides for superior retention, maximum reliability and durability
- CUSTOM FIT: This 1911 leather pistol holster is custom made for an exact fit. It fits both 4 and 5 inch barrels as well as belts up to 1 & 3/4 inches and the holster dimensions are Height = 8 inches // Length = 6.25 inches. IMPORTANT: NOT FOR USE with 1911 that have Rails or Commander Size
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: All 1791 products are backed by our lifetime warranty. We produce the finest leather gun holsters used by law enforcement, sportsmen, veterans and patriots around the world. We guarantee 100% satisfaction and offer no-hassle returns.
The 1791 GunLeather Right Hand OWB Leather Gun Holster is much more than a Sig P229 concealed carry holster.
It’s a high-quality, extremely adaptable holster that can accommodate a broad number of firearms, including the P220, P226, P229, H&K VP9, Beretta 92FS, and even 1911 with Rails.
When it comes to quality, you can’t go wrong with this holster! It’s made from 100% American Steer hide leather, which means it’ll last a long time.The leather is then reinforced and double stitched, resulting in a pistol holster that is exceptionally robust, safe, comfortable, and light.
This holster is designed to provide optimum concealment and convenience in addition to ensuring gun safety. It features a quick-draw design that makes it excellent for daily use. The handcrafted shell of the OWB guarantees great retention at all times.
It comes with a lifetime warranty. The company takes pleasure in producing high-quality holsters that soldiers utilise, athletes, patriots, and law enforcement officers all over the world. They promise your complete pleasure and offer hassle-free returns.
- The 1791 is a good quality holster made using 100% Steerhide leather.
- The holster comes with double stitching for extra durability.
- The holster is designed with concealment and convenience in mind.
- It has a comfortable and versatile fit that can work with various CCWs.
- A lifetime warranty backs the holster.
Black Point Tactical Leather Wing OWB Holster
- Black Point Tactical, Leather Wing OWB Holster, Fits Glock 19/23/32, Right Hand, Black Kydex & Leather, with 1.75" Belt Loops, 15 Degree Cant
- RSR Group is a nationwide distributor of firearms and shooting sports accessories
- This product is manufactured in United States
Consider investing in this Black Point Tactical Leather Wing OWB Holster if you’re seeking for a holster with a professional and elegant appearance. This style, like the holsters we’ve already described, is built for long-term use. It is made of a blend of leather and Kydex, allowing it to provide optimal protection for your gun while worn inside the waistline.
This holster, which is designed for right-hand carry, will keep you comfortable while carrying your heavy gun. This is made possible by the holster’s soft, comfy backing, which provides the comfort you require when wearing it for long periods of time.
Another fantastic feature of this holster is its compact size. As you’d expect from a true IWB holster, it’s one of the tiniest holsters that easily conceals your weapon. Because the holster has two points of attachment, it gives you the most stability when you’re out and about with your gun.
The Black Point Tactical Leather Wing OWB is one of the best hybrid holsters for concealing your firearm while allowing for easy and smooth holstering.
- This is a well-built OWB holster that perfectly fits Sig P229.
- This holster fits 1.75″ Belt Loops.
- This holster is made with black Kydex and leather for exceptional durability.
- This is a well-made right-handed holster.
- This holster also offers you 15 Degree Cant.
Bianca 100 Professional Hip Holster
- Non-slip suede lined exterior next to body
- Rides at optimum angle inside waistband to ensure proper firing grip on the draw
- High back design to comfortably shield torso against gun's rough edges
- Heavy duty spring-steel clip secures holster to waistband
- Fits up to 1.75" (45mm) belts
The Bianchi 100 Professional Hip Holster is the last of our Sig Sauer p229 holster evaluations. This is an IWB-style holster that satisfies all of the requirements for deep concealment.
This holster is made of premium full-grain cowhide and will last you many years of concealed carry. It has a high back design that acts as a protection between your body and the sharp edges of your weapon. This not only improves your comfort, but it also prevents your clothing from tearing.
UNLIKE MOST OTHER HOLSTERS, this IWB is also engineered to ride at an optimal angle within your waistband. This, of course, puts it in a better position to allow you to hold it properly for firing. The heavy-duty spring steel belt clips make it easy to put on and take off the holster while firmly fastening it to your pistol belt.
The heavy-duty spring steel belt clips make it easy to put on and take off the holster while also securing it to your pistol belt. The holster is designed to suit belts up to 1.75 inches wide (45 mm).
- This holster is designed to fit up to 1.75″ belt width.
- The holster is made with a non-slip suede exterior to minimize holster movement.
- It is a heavy-duty spring steel belt clip that ensures security.
- The holster has a high back design for comfort.
- This holster is available in two color options that are black and tan.
You should consider essential factors like as construction quality, appropriate fit, concealment, smooth draw, comfort, affordability, and even aesthetics when purchasing a holster for carrying your gun (if they matter to you). The way you wear your holster is determined on the type of holster you have. To learn how to wear different types of holsters, go to our types of holsters section. Women and men have different anatomical differences, as you may know. Not to mention the variances in grip strength between hands. As a result, extra considerations should be made when selecting the appropriate holster for them.
Things you must buy before you buy a firearm
- Firearm Regulations
Before you decide to carry a firearm, make sure you research the laws in your state, county, and city. You’ll also need to look into those in the surrounding areas.If you cross county or state lines, you must follow the regulations in those areas if you want to carry a handgun. It is your responsibility to be a responsible gun bearer and to adhere to all applicable laws.
- Your Dominant Side
Many holsters are not ambidextrous, which means you’ll have make sure to order the right one for you. Frequently, online listings are set by default to the right-hand model, and some holsters aren’t accessible in left-hand at all. If you wish to carry cross draw or use a shoulder holster, the right- or left-hand model is still essential.
- Pistol Retention
You’ll want to make sure your holster has good retention for security, whether you’re carrying concealed or openly. Many holsters, such as polymer holsters, have passive retention. When your pistol is secure in the holster, you’ll hear a click. Others, such as a thumb strap or a button release, provide active retention.
Holsters are made from many different types of materials like leather, nylon or any different type polymer. It is really important that you choose a material that suites your requirements. It must be kept in mind that the material must be comfortable for the using. Leather tends to be more expensive and durable than nylon. Polymer holsters are also known to be durable and good. Kydex is a special type of polymer that is used to make holsters. This is a special type of polymer that is slightly abrasive and is known to damage the finish on the weapons.
Whenever you carry a firearm, there are curtain responsibilities that you must have for the safety and security of you as well as others around you. If you carry your firearm in public, it is important that you plan to conceal it. Wear clothes that are loose fitting and cover up your firearm so that is doesn’t show to others. If you are someone that drives around a lot while carrying a weapon, you should also consider in investing a good quality ankle holster for extra comfort. You should also consider what type of belt you wear. Make sure that your holster fits the belt that you wear daily. This information is usually given on the product listing.
The Sig P229 is an excellent competition, self-defence, or concealed carry pistol. You’ll need a good-quality, equally sturdy holster to support this all-metal, tough gun.However, with so many holsters on the market today, finding the best holster for Sig P229 might be a difficult task. Our list will help you in your tedious task of searching for the best paddle holster for your Sig 229 pistol. These holsters will help you protect, carry and conceal your weapon whenever you do not require it.
The 6 best Sig P229 holsters we covered earlier are quite popular among Sig P229 owners. And I strongly advise you to get one right now to assist you carry your pistol in the best possible way. So, you’ve probably figured out what kind of holster will work best for you. When ordering, make sure to do your research and select the suitable holster size and side. If you want to carry a firearm concealed or openly, you should verify your local municipal, county, and state restrictions.