Best 1911 paddle holster review price buying guide
Best Holster For 1911
The 1911 is a popular pistol among a wide range of shooters. This semi-automatic handgun with a single action is both dependable and powerful. The 1911 has one of the coolest looking designs in the pistol industry, aside from its high-end performance. A gun of this calibre demands a holster that is both safe and secure. Check out the list below to learn more about 1911 holsters and to determine which 1911 holster is perfect for you.
One of the most well-known weapons in history is the 1911 handgun. It has been in service since 1911, and from 1911 until 1986, it was the standard issue sidearm for the United States Armed Forces. The 1911’s popularity continued despite its replacement as the standard issue sidearm, and it is still carried by several Special Forces groups and the US Navy.
This pistol’s appeal isn’t restricted to military and law enforcement officers in the United States. Many foreign military and law enforcement organisations have adopted 1911 and 1911 derivatives as service handguns. The 1911 is also popular with civilians, which include concealed carriers, target shooters, competition shooters, gun history aficionados, and others.The ergonomics of the design, the large number of 1911 manufacturers and models, the excellent trigger, and concealability are all factors that contribute to its appeal among shooters and weapon enthusiasts.
About The Pistol
The 1911 is a pistol that most shooters immediately recognise as being comfortable in their hands. A pistol that is easy to grasp and manage boosts the shooter’s confidence, accuracy, and ability to operate under stress. The 1911’s grips are also readily modifiable, with a wide range of aftermarket choices to choose from.If you name a pistol manufacturer, there’s a good chance they make a 1911 model or version. This allows shooters to pick a 1911 that is just right for them.
The 1911’s trigger is exceptionally well-designed. It glides straight back and there is no way to shift it from side to side. By keeping the sights straight when the shot goes off, this aids shooters in staying on target.
While some 1911 models or variants are too huge or heavy to be easily concealed, many of them make excellent carry weapons. They may be a little larger and taller than other pistols, but the 1911 is generally thinner than most other pistols, thanks to a single stack magazine. This makes them simple to tuck into a waistline or most holsters.
Choosing A Holster for the 1911
Knowing your own personal demands and requirements is the first step in shopping for any piece of shooting equipment. You don’t have to have a perfect answer to what you need, but it’s crucial to start with what you want to achieve.When you aren’t actively utilising your pistol, a holster is your connection to it. It is critical to select a holster that is appropriate for your body type, desired holster mounting area, and shooting requirements.
Holsters come in a variety of styles, from shoulder to inner waistline to hip and drop leg. The one you choose will mostly be determined by how comfortable it is for you and how you intend to use your 1911. The following list will go over various different sorts of holsters to think about.When purchasing for a holster, retention is a critical thing to consider. Solid retention keeps your weapon from being grabbed by someone else, keeps it from slipping out of your holster while you’re moving around, and decreases the odds of an accidental fire.
While most holsters from well-known manufacturers will have good retention, it’s still worth discussing. You should also break in your holster before carrying it on a daily basis. This is especially true for holsters made of leather.
While the style of a holster isn’t as critical as retention, it’s still something to think about before making a purchase. There are holsters that are just functional in design and others that are designed with style in mind. There are several alternatives to pick from, including gorgeous leather, discreet black nylon, and others in between.Once again, your particular demands and preferences will determine which type you choose.
The 1911 can be somewhat hefty depending on the calibre and type. It’s critical to invest in a high-quality belt if you’re going to utilise a holster that demands one. That old belt you got on clearance at Walmart isn’t going to cut it. A decent belt will keep your holster from sagging while also looking good.
Let’s go to the main event now that you’ve learned more about the 1911 and 1911 holsters. Continue reading to see our top ten 1911 holster list and to determine which 1911 holster is perfect for your needs and tastes.
Relentless Tactical the Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster
- HANDMADE BY AMERICAN CRAFTSMEN, FROM GENUINE USA SUEDE LEATHER! American made with American Pride, No synthetic materials or cheap, mass-market production
- FITS MOST FULL SIZE & COMPACT HANDGUNS IN 9MM, .40 & .45! Glock 17 / 17L / 22 / 31 | Glock 19 / 19X / 23 / 32 | Glock 26 / 27 / 33 | Glock 44 | S&W SD9 / SD40 | H&K VP9 / VP40 | S&W M&P Shield (9mm, .40 and .45) | Sig Sauer P226 / P229 / P250 | Springfield XD, XDS, XDM | Taurus 111 / 140 Millennium G2 / G2C | Will fit too many models to list them all!!
- BACKED BY RELENTLESS TACTICAL’S LIFETIME WARRANTY! Carry the best IWB Holster on Amazon with confidence for the rest of your life. With quality American Made construction comes great durability. That is why we can offer a Lifetime Warranty on each and every leather product we sell.
- SAY NO TO CHEAP NYLON HOLSTERS! Why settle for inferior nylon or imitation leather when you can have a Genuine, Made in the USA suede leather holster with our complete Lifetime Warranty?
- DESIGNED FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE AND MAXIMUM COMFORT! Sturdy, dependable, and form-fitted for easy, effective concealment and quick, reliable access
Relentless Tactical’s Comfort Carry Leather Holster is created in the United States and is designed to suit any 1911 handgun, regardless of barrel length. This holster is made of high-quality leather and comes with a magazine pocket. It is designed to be worn inside the waistband (IWB). This holster is built to last and may be used for concealed carry while retaining a firm grip and a smooth pull.
This attractively made handcrafted holster is a fantastic option for anyone who carries a 1911 pistol. It comes with a lifetime warranty, a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and a reasonable price tag. The holster is available in black and brown colors. The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster combines usefulness, comfort, and durability in a traditional American design. The Finest Suede Leather Holster is the ultimate “inside the waist band” concealed carry holster, handcrafted from real USA suede leather.
Don’t be fooled by low-cost synthetic materials and bad workmanship.With minimal printing, this comfortable, form-fitting holster is built to last while giving maximum protection. For as long as you own it, you’ll be able to enjoy day-in, day-out comfort and performance. The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster is made for maximum concealment and accessibility when you need it most.
Relentless Tactical The Defender Leather IWB Holster
- HANDMADE BY AMERICAN CRAFTSMEN FROM GENUINE USA BULLHIDE LEATHER! American made with American Pride! No synthetic materials or cheap mass-market production.
- BACKED BY RELENTLESS TACTICAL’S LIFETIME WARRANTY! Carry the best IWB Holster on Amazon with confidence for the rest of your life. With quality American Made construction comes great durability. That is why we can offer a Lifetime Warranty on each and every leather product we sell.
- FITS MOST FULL SIZE & COMPACT HANDGUNS IN 9MM, .40 & .45! Glock 17 / 17L / 22 / 31 | Glock 19 / 19X / 23 / 32 | Glock 26 / 27 / 33 | Glock 43 | S&W SD9 / SD40 | H&K VP9 / VP40 | S&W M&P Shield (9mm, .40 and .45) | Sig Sauer P226 / P229 / P250 | Springfield XD, XDS, XDM | Taurus 111 / 140 Millennium G2 / G2C | Will fit too many models to list them all!!
- SAY NO TO CHEAP NYLON HOLSTERS! Why settle for inferior nylon or imitation leather when you can have a Genuine Made in the USA Bullhide leather holster with our complete Lifetime Warranty?
- DESIGNED FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE AND MAXIMUM COMFORT! Sturdy dependable and form-fitted for easy effective concealment and quick reliable access.
Any 1911 owner searching for an inside the waistband (IWB) holster should consider the Defender from Relentless Tactical. This holster is far more suitable for concealed carry than other holster designs. This holster is suitable with practically all 1911 model pistols, independent of barrel length, and is available in both right- and left-handed configurations.
For a lifetime of usage, the Defender is made of high-quality leather and extra-durable stitching. The metal belt clip secures the holster in the most comfortable position for each individual shooter. The Defender is one of the best IWB holsters on the market today, providing excellent concealment and consistent easy access to your pistol.The Defender Leather IWB Holster combines usefulness, comfort, and durability in a classic American design. The Defender Leather Holster is the finest “inside the waist band” concealed carry holster, handcrafted from Genuine USA Bull hide Leather. Don’t be fooled by low-cost synthetic materials and bad workmanship.
This comfortable, form-fitting holster is made to last while providing maximum protection, allowing you to enjoy day-in, day-out comfort and performance for the rest of your life. The Defender Leather IWB Holster is designed to provide maximum concealment and accessibility when you need it most. Your firearms are essential and will be required at a critical moment.
- MULTI-FIT- Omnivore Holster fit more than 150 styles of semi-automatic handguns with an accessory rail.
- ACTIVE RETENTION MECHANISM- Ergonomic thumb-activated retention mechanism delivers instant firearm access.
- LEVEL 2 RETENTION- Uses two features to hold handgun securely in place.
- FREE-FLOATING DESIGN- Holster locks onto Rail Attachment Device, doesn't wear firearm's frame and finish.
- 3 POSITION AND ADJUSTABLE RELEASE- Customize the retention mechanism height for your thumb reach.
The Omnivore is hard to beat if you’re looking for a low-cost 1911 holster.
This holster is a semi-universal holster that fits 1911s that have a rail. The Omnivore holsters will suit 1911s equipped with Recover Tactical rails. To wear a light or plastic locking block, Blackhawk’s Omnivore requires some sort of rail system.
The rail-only model adds a block to your rail, which interacts with the Omnivore’s retention system. The gun’s light is retained by the light-bearing variants. The Omnivore is a pricey OWB gear that isn’t designed for stealth. This is a large rig, especially the ones with light bearings. They do, however, precisely suit 1911s and include a large thumb-driven active retention system, making them both secure and easy to draw from. Draw your gun by pressing the thumb-driven release. It’s safe, effective, and comfortable to use. For different hand sizes, Blackhawk supplies a variety of thumb-driven attachments. Hearing the “click” as you holster your rifle is satisfying. It’s tucked in and locked down when you hear that sound.
The Omnivore will accept a variety of 1911s, including those with 4.25-, 5-, and even 6-inch barrels. The Omnivore is composed completely of polymer and is incredibly durable and dependable. I’ve had no problems using mine with dozens of various firearms, including a 1911, for nearly four years.
For the non-light bearing type, the active retention mechanism hooks onto our unique Rail Attachment Device rather than the handgun’s frame.When drawing the pistol, the instinctive thumb release disengages the locking mechanism from the Rail Attachment Device.
Desantis Thumb Break Scabbard
- Presents firearm at an optimal draw angle
- Thumb break and tension device adds security
- Highly concealable carry holster
- Black in color
1911s are vintage weapons, and there are a couple leather alternatives available here to give you that classic feel. When it comes to selecting a leather holster, though, you must be quite selective.Desantis is a firm I can always count on to make high-quality leather holsters.
The Thumb Break Scabbard is a great leather OWB for today.
The Scabbard is a pancake-style haircut that rides higher and tighter than a Sergeant Major’s haircut. To increase concealment under light clothes like t-shirts, the Scabbard clings tightly and high. Cant is accommodated by a third belt slot, and retention is adjusted by a little screw. All of these small details add up to a simple and comfortable method to carry a large, honking, all-metal 1911. The 5-inch barrel is compensated for by a high ride height, and the thick leather construction makes it easier to sustain the weight of a fully loaded. 1911, 45 ACP. You do have an active retention device in the shape of a thumb break with the Thumb Break Scabbard design (duh). Your thumb will naturally fall where the thumb break is located, and a natural draw stroke will readily beat it.
The CYTACH 1911 Holster Gen3
- Compatible & Incompatible: Compatible with colt 1911 .45 5" without rail, girsan 1911 mc, government 1911, variants 1911, taurus 1911, browning mark 3, airsoft 1911 replicas, etc.; Incompatible with sig 1911, 1911 with rail or laser. The bottom of the holster has a lip to prevent longer barrel sticking out.
- High Safety: Level II Retention. It will automatically lock on the trigger when you put the weapon in with no sound, but the internal design is great that multiple guide stripes make to retain the weapon better. Pull the weapon out quickly by pressing the button with your index finger.
- Excellent Design: Upgraded military polymer material enhances the smoothness and thickness of the product for a better appearance and stronger. Hidden buttons keep your flat surface smooth and its skidproof stripe helps you recognize it through your sense of touch. The internal screw design can reduce the risk of falling off.
- Paddle Attachment: 360 degrees tooth gear for omnidirectional rotation, more convenient to replace other accessories. Feel free to wear on Web Belts within 2¼ inches and Duty Belts. Add a silicone pad on the back to more comfortably when you carry into your pants directly.
- Widely Used: Daily concealed carry under your coat, and extreme temperature tolerance. Suitable for different places like military, courser, shooting coach, law enforcement agencies or personal protection use. Great for civilians and off duty officers.
This Holster is an OWB paddle holster that can fit most 1911 variations as well as 5” Colt 1911 handguns. Mounting is simple and secure thanks to the paddle design. It also has a 360-degree angle adjustment feature. Each shooter may fine-tune this holster to their optimum draw angle with this level of modification.
The low-maintenance design of this 1911 paddle holster is another wonderful advantage. It’s simple to clean with a basic soap and water solution. This is perfect for shooters who don’t want to bother with the maintenance of a leather holster. The close-fitting design of this open carry holster allows it to be utilised for concealed carry with a long shirt.
TacWolf IWB Holster
- Holster made with soft neoprene and leather which is sweat proof also easy to the skin and with linen inside for maximum mag protection.
- Secure steel belt clip: The IWB concealment mag pouch is with strong and durable metal clip and support keeps it hooked on your dress belt or gun belt for concealed carry.
- Specific weapon fit: Fits most Single/Double Stack Magazines including: Glock 17 19 26 & 43, Ruger LCP/LC9, Springfield XD/S, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson M&P, Walther PPQ, HK VP9, and most similar magazines.
- Set included: 2 PACK magzines holders in one package, best deal for Pistol Mag Pouchs, Better quality but half price of one unit based on Current Market price.
The TACwolf IWB holster has a universal design that works with almost every 1911 version and barrel length. This 1911 holster is made of breathable and lightweight neoprene and features a hammer strap that firmly holds your weapon in place until it is needed. With its compact shape and minimal printing, this holster is highly concealable no matter what you’re wearing.
This IWB holster is a fantastic value for the money because to its universal design, buckled hammer strap, soft yet sturdy material, and form-fitting shape. It also comes with a pair of IWB magazine holsters to ensure you have enough ammunition for any shooting circumstance.
1791 Gunleather 1911 Holster
- COMFORT & QUALITY: Upgrade your carry to the 1911 leather gun holster. Made with 100% American Steerhide Leather that is reinforced and double stitched providing a comfortable, durable, lightweight & safe leather gun holster you can carry all day
- CONCEALMENT & CONVENIENCE: 1791's 1911 holster is designed for concealment and convenience. Our easy to conceal OWB leather belt holster has a quick draw design making it the perfect belt holster for your everyday carry.
- PROTECTION & CRAFTSMANSHIP: 1791 Gunleather's 1911 Belt Holster is hand crafted to protect both you and your firearm at all times. The hand molded exterior provides for superior retention, maximum reliability and durability
- CUSTOM FIT: This 1911 leather pistol holster is custom made for an exact fit. It fits both 4 and 5 inch barrels as well as belts up to 1 & 3/4 inches and the holster dimensions are Height = 8 inches // Length = 6.25 inches. IMPORTANT: NOT FOR USE with 1911 that have Rails or Commander Size
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: All 1791 products are backed by our lifetime warranty. We produce the finest leather gun holsters used by law enforcement, sportsmen, veterans and patriots around the world. We guarantee 100% satisfaction and offer no-hassle returns.
One of the greatest OWB holsters for 1911 model handguns on the market today is the 1791 Gunleather 1911 Holster. This leather holster has a strengthened positive snap release thumb break for a high degree of retention and weapon security, as well as a variety of shooter-friendly features. This 1791 Gunleather holster is made of 100 percent American leather and sturdy stainless steel.
This holster fits 1911 handguns with 4 or 5 inch barrels and has belt loops that can accommodate belts up to 1.75” wide. This holster is ideal for everyday carry since it allows you to carry your weapon cocked and locked safely and securely.
Foxx Holster Colt 1911 Government
- 9 oz. Premium Leather & .06" Kydex (Black)
- Black Spring Steel Belt Clips ( 1-3/4" X 1/4" Belt)
- Adjustable for Ride Height & Forward Cant
- Easy to Conceal, Comfortable & Tuckable
- Proudly Made in the USA!!
This handgun holster from FoxX Holsters is an excellent choice if you possess a Colt 1911 5” Government pistol. The custom-moulded Kydex holster fits the Colt 1911 5” Government (No Rail) properly and gives shooters the peace of mind that comes with a custom-fit weapon retention system.
Shooters can change the riding height and forward cant with five adjustment holes for a more personalised feel. This holster, which is made of superior leather and black spring steel belt clips, adapts to the body and is exceptionally comfortable to wear all day.
Galco Combat Master Belt Holster
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
Galco International’s Combat Master Belt Holster is another high-quality choice. This OWB holster is available in black or tan and can handle 5-inch Colt, Kimber, Para, and Springfield 1911 handguns. The Combat Master’s butt-forward cant and open muzzle design make it easier to conceal large defensive weapons.
Because to the double-stitched leather and intricate moulding, this holster has a high level of retention. The Combat Master Belt Holster offers a quick draw as well as a stylish appearance for all-around appeal.
Focus R1911 Evolution Holster
- The holster is constructed for maximum comfort
- Low profile design for concealment
- Lightweight compact design
- Fobus passive retention system acts like a spring on the trigger guard area and holds the gun firmly in place
- Roto Paddle Version
The Fobus R1911 Evolution Holster is a fantastic alternative for shooters who carry a 1911 model handgun with a rail due to its one-piece, low-profile, and lightweight construction. The non-slip rubberized paddle is comfortable enough to wear all day.
The R1911 also has a shielded sight channel, as well as passive retention and a retention adjustment screw.
Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB
- Custom fit to your specific pistol to ensure for proper fitment and retention. Select your pistol for correct size!
- Fully Adjustable Retention: simply tighten the screws to increase the retention or loosen the screws for less retention!
- Carry in Comfort: Soft neoprene backing that is flexible to move and form to your body while retaining shape for reholstering! The material is sweat-whicking while being breathable to reduce irritation when wearing the holster for extended periods of time!
- Simplicity at its Finest: Very simple design where it counts without sacrificing the quality of the materials or the comfort in all of our products!
- Made right here in the USA, insuring the use of high quality materials and hardworking American craftsmanship where we stand behind our Iron Clad program to insure you have a holster for life after a 30 day test drive!
Alien Gear is recognised for making high-quality IWB hybrid holsters, but its push into OWB designs should not be overlooked.The Cloak Mod OWB is a full-featured polymer holster with a moulded shell for your favourite 1911. This is my first suggestion because they offer a model for just about any 1911 you can think of.
There are right-handed and left-handed variants, as well as firearms with and without a rail, and barrel lengths ranging from the Government 5-inch to the very short 3-inch. The Cloak Mod is made for concealed carry and does an excellent job at it. It sticks out a little more than I’d like, but there are no severe flaws.Drawing is simple thanks to the open top and moulded design, and the low price tag and lifetime warranty make it a terrific buy.
Safariland 5196 Guard Desert
I adore Safariland, but their naming conventions irritate me. It’s difficult to keep up with the number of holsters they produce.The 5196 Guard Detent is a difficult-to-remember moniker for a holster that is both inexpensive and well-designed. This polymer-moulded holster has a belt loop connection and is meant to be easy to carry.
It’s also an open-top holster that’s IDPA-approved. Because of the combination of a customizable retention mechanism and an open top design, you’ll never have to choose between speed and retention. The 5196 is suitable for concealed carry as well as IDPA. With its guns and gear, IDPA emphasises practicality, and the Safariland fits that bill.The low price makes it simple to get started in IDPA holsters, and it can also serve as a good CCW holster. It isn’t for everyone, but if you’re on a budget, it’s worth a look.
Bravo Concealment BCA
- Carry Secure and Comfortable with NEW Adjustable Retention Feature.
- NEW Minimalist Holster, Designed for OWB Concealed Carry.
- Holster Is Curved to Fit the Contours of Body, Edges are Rounded for Added Comfort.
- Integrated 10° fwd cant, enhances conceal-ability of Weapon.
- Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
The BCA is the holster for you if you want a simple, professional-grade polymer holster at a fantastic price. This simple OWB design is ideal for carrying both large and small firearms on a regular basis.
The BCA is designed for folks who want a kydex holster that will cling to their bodies and conceal easily beneath a T-shirt. For those who run a can on sometimes, the BCA will also accommodate threaded barrels and higher suppressor height sights. The best part is that it can be hidden with only a t-shirt. The Bravo Concealment is, as the name implies, a concealment holster. The Bravo BCA is a well-made, extremely modern holster that is built to last a lifetime.It comes with belt loops, but you can also get paddle attachments and pancake loops. The technique has a long track record of success and is very cost effective.
Crossbreed – The Reckoning
Crossbreed is recognised for producing high-impact, well-designed hybrid holsters, and while any of them would be an excellent pick, I chose the Reckoning for a few reasons.The Reckoning is an IWB holster that can also be converted to an OWB holster. For those who prefer to carry their appendix, the minimalist style is particularly appealing.
With a strong set of J-hooks, the Reckoning is part leather and part kydex. This is an excellent daily carry alternative because to the smooth leather backing and comprehensive sweat protector. It’s really comfortable to wear and use, as well as quick and simple to draw from.The Reckoning caters to individuals who seek variety. For most concealed carriers, IWB is ideal for daily carry, but when jackets and hoodies come out, the OWB option is far more comfortable.The Reckoning is a well-made holster with a lot of versatility. In terms of versatility, it’s hard to beat. Most importantly, the price is inexpensive, and you effectively receive two holsters for the price of one.
Bravo Concealment Torsion
- NEW Torsion 3.0
- NEW Adjustable Retention
- NEW Polymer Injection Mold
- Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Bravo Concealment Torsion is another Holster from the brand which makes it into our list.Another 1911 holster from Bravo Concealment has arrived. This IWB holster is made for strong side and appendix carry. The inward cant on this all-kydex holster improves conceal ability and makes carrying the gun more comfortable overall.
The Torsion comes with two clips, but you can use just one if you like. When the gun is drawn, an all-kydex holster will not collapse, allowing you to re-holster quickly and safely.Bravo Concealment’s Torsion holster is exceptionally well-made and designed. For those looking for an IWB or appendix design, the low price makes it a no-brainer.The materials are superb, and this basic holster is a great alternative for everyday carry. Bravo Concealment holsters are ideal for persons who need to conceal themselves in warm environments while wearing light clothing.
Galco Triton Holster
Galco’s Triton Holster is a change from their usual leather craftsmanship, but given this market, it was only a matter of time.
The Triton is a passive retention holster made entirely of polymer. It’s an IWB with a single clip for appendix carry. It has a compact, minimalist form with a rapid draw and a small footprint.It may be worn discreetly because to the single clip design. This foray into holsters made entirely of polymer is an intriguing development. The Triton is a dedicated IWB holster for individuals who like to feel like they’re in the appendix. This makes concealing a full-sized 1911 a breeze, as well as drawing and shooting a gun.The Triton is a rock-solid, dependable machine that comes with Galco’s fantastic warranty.
Galco Fletch High Ride
- DESIGNED TO FIT: Galco’s Fletch High Ride Belt Holster is designed and molded to accommodate multiple barrel lengths for the Colt 1911, Kimber 1911, Para USA, S&W 1911, Taurus PT1911.
- COMPACT AND SECURE: Galco’s highly popular FLETCH design features a reinforced thumb break for added security, firing grip accessibility for a quicker draw, double-stitched seams for durability, and a covered trigger guard for safety.
- COMFORTABLE CARRY: A unique forward molded design that is contoured on the body side to the natural curve of the hip, allows for significantly more comfortable carry and a narrower profile than an ordinary pancake holster.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: The FLETCH is constructed of premium steerhide and made to fit belts up to 1 3/4“.
- MADE IN THE USA: The premium steerhide used in our holsters is sourced from the top 2% of leather available in America and is transformed into pieces of functional beauty by our experienced craftsmen in Phoenix, Arizona.
With the Galco Fletch, leather makes another appearance on our list. This high-ride leather holster makes it easy to conceal the 1911 under a light blouse.
The Fletch is made of a durable tan or black leather with double stick work that will last for years. The Fletch has a pancake design that keeps it close to the body and concealable.The Galco Flex is primarily a concealed carry holster, but it can also be used as a detective holster or by any other low-profile law enforcement personnel.When dealing with suspects, using a thumb snap ensures excellent retention. The shape is ideal for concealing a large gun like a 1911.The Fletch is also covered by Galco’s fantastic warranty.
A handgun holster is a device that keeps or restricts a handgun’s unintended movement, typically in a location where it may be rapidly removed for use. Holsters are commonly attached to a belt or waistline, although they can also be fastened to other regions of the body (e.g., the ankle holster). Holsters vary in their ability to secure or protect the weapon.
If you’ve never carried a gun before, you haven’t experienced the agony of picking the wrong holster. It’s a horrible drag on your hip that will poke and prod your body, rubbing sections of you raw, and removing it will be a huge comfort at the end of the day.
A 1911 is a steel gun, which means it is quite hefty. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it does necessitate the purchase of a high-quality holster.
A holster that can support a heavy pistol like the 1911 is required. A 45 ACP holster has to be tough. A nice, high-quality holster will not cause such discomfort.
Fit is one of the most critical considerations when selecting a holster. The holster must be customised to the pistol. A good holster will protect the pistol as much as it will carry it.
A holster protects you from the majority of dust and particles. A well-fitting and manufactured holster will also preserve the weapon’s external finish from harm.Holsters are produced for a variety of purposes, but in this case, all holsters should be supportive and well-built. You should be able to use a holster for many years before needing to replace it.
Unless you just want to, there’s no reason to switch holsters once a year. I’ve had holsters for a long time and love each and every one of them. “What are you looking to do with it?” is the first question to ask when selecting a 1911 holster. Because different objectives have distinct requirements, this is crucial.
A duty holster, such as those used by the police and military, is not the same as a concealed carry holster. Competition holsters, light-bearing holsters, and even hunting holsters fall within this category. When purchasing for a holster, you must actively investigate the holster’s purpose. Trying to make one holster accomplish everything is typically a waste of time.A holster must be moulded, stitched, or otherwise customised to the gun it will carry. Nylon holsters in general are an immediate no-no for me. There’s a reason why the holster needs to be adjusted to the gun.
First and foremost, it is safer. I’m aware that the trigger is secure and that nothing foreign can enter it. Second, passive retention necessitates it. There’s no way the gun will fit if it isn’t moulded to the holster.
Pursue your holster with a certain goal in mind. The gun should be kept close to the body in a concealed carry holster. A duty holster should include a retention device and be easy to access.
Another important factor to consider is the material used to make the holster. I’d never recommend nylon right away. The Bianchi Accumold series is the only nylon I would recommend because it is custom-molded to the gun rather than being a generic fit.Leather and plastics are the two most common materials used in holsters. When I say polymers, I’m referring to the various types of materials that can be used. Glass-filled nylon, kydex, bolatron, etc. And, of course, leather is leather.
A good, high-quality holster will support the gun and protect you from the gun, as well as the other way around. What I mean is that you shouldn’t be poked or prodded by the gun, and you shouldn’t be sweating all over it.
To go along with the enormous number of 1911 models and variants that are available today, there are a variety of holster styles, types, and designs. There is a holster out there that will match your comfort and performance needs, whether you want to utilise it for open carry or hidden carry.
Use the table above to figure out which 1911 holster is ideal for you and your weapon.